19U (HIGH SCHOOL) DIVISION PHILOSOPHY AND FORMAT
For Players Ages: Born in 2002, 2003, 2004 & 2005 for the 2021 Season
The 19U (High School) Division has been established to promote a fun and positive experience with the sport of lacrosse. This age division is the highest level of competition we offer in our house league system. 19U age athletes use the following format:
We play all players as equally as possible with the goal of teaching the sport and providing a fun experience for all involved. Coaches will make adjustments to suit the more competitive level of play that exists at this age division.
We emphasize fun, positive sportsmanship, and an active environment.
A player draft will be conducted and parents contacted about team placement before the season begins.
Coaches are drawn from the Elite Lacrosse Program staff. These are coaches who work with elite athletes of high school age and are very knowledgeable about the game. The season runs through the months of May and June.
We want to build a love and respect for the sport of lacrosse.
19U (High School) age games are played using the contact version of field lacrosse.
- The 19U age division plays the regulation 10’s game
- 10 Players – two attack, two midfielders, two defensemen, and one goaltender are on the field at one time.
- Most athletes involved at this age level have specialized in a position (attack, midfield, defense, and a goaltender) and tend to stay in that area of play.
- Game is played on the full-sized Men’s lacrosse field, a 60 X 110-yard area.
- The object of the game is to score more goals than the opposing team through strategy, ball control, and team play.
- The offensive skills required to perform this task involve passing, catching, carrying the ball under control (cradling), and shooting. Defensive skills involve footwork, positioning and stick checking.
Players receive as part of their registration fees:
- A coupon book, which includes a coupon for Al Anderson’s Source for Sports. This coupon will provide a significant discount should you need to purchase any lacrosse equipment.
For this age division: Hockey equipment is acceptable for the requirements identified below:
- Lacrosse Stick
- Practice/Game Jersey – Provided by the SFLA and must be returned at the end of the last game of the season.
- Black SFLA shorts- (can be purchased when registering)
- Helmet with a face mask
- Mouthguard (mandatory)
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow pads
- Protective Gloves
- Can or Jill Cup
- Cleats – Rubber cleats only
- Shorts and socks
Please see parent responsibilities for the 19U Division listed below:
- Review the “Role of Parents” section of this website.
- Cheer and provide positive support.
- Volunteer to time and score keep during games.